Reading OECD "Forum on tax administration:Taxpayer services sub-group" Survey Report (March 2010).
"Why citizens don' use revenue bodies'/governments' e-service"
Despite all the success stories we have seen when:
- the public sector realises that it is not the only service citizens use - and in fact one of the most infrequently used and then
- allows and encourages citizens to use the so frequently used familiar and secure e-banking log-in-id also in the public sector (banks can provide it also to those who do not use e-banking or have accounts)
- thus achieve a order-of-magnitude faster take-up
- get high citizen satisfaction
- save very substantial amounts of tax payers money
- avoid humiliation with failed smart card schemes
this is not picked up in the report. Why not? How long will tax payers allow this miserable isolation to continue?
More on this in earlier posts:
e-id service making great progress
Questions European tax payers should ask:
e-ID volume progress in 2009: