The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published an updated
questions and answers document on “Implementation of the Regulation on OTC
derivatives, central counterparties and trade repositories (EMIR)”.
The following questions and answers sections have been updated:
OTC questions on:
- the calculation of the clearing threshold - question 3;
- risk mitigation techniques for OTC derivative contracts not cleared by a CCP -
- portfolio reconciliation - question 14; and
- pension scheme exemption from the clearing obligation, a new question 16 has been added.
Central Counterparties questions on:
- segregation and portability - question 8.
Trade Repositories questions on:
- the reporting of collateral and valuation in respect of the price to be used for
the purpose of calculating the mark-to-market value of a reportable contract -