In our continued conversations with multinationals around the new version of the Nota Fiscal process and schema, we continue to find that many companies don't fully understand the breadth of the legislation. While this is not as humorous as the David Letterman
show, it should be a checklist that all managers of global SAP applications and support should read. Many companies are unaware that there is legislative requirements that will affect you this December 2013.
Brazil Nota Fiscal 2014 – Are you Compliant?
- NFe version 3.10: As of December 2014, the current 2.0 version will be shut down and all companies must run the new version. Have you budgeted for this significant upgrade?
- Sending NFe for Goods: Mandated since inception of NFe and managed at the state/federal level.
- Sending NFSe for Services: Mandated and managed by the municipalities (city). Each city, over 5,000, can have a different system requiring different information.
- Validating Inbound NFe Goods: NFe received from suppliers must be authenticated and archived for 5 Years. The average fine is approximately 500 Reais per XML missing plus additional fines.
- Validating Inbound CTe (Transportation Documents): A CTe is a document that your logistics provider must send for freight charges. As of December 2013, they must be collected, validated and archived.
- Validating Inbound MDFe (Transportation Documents): As of June 2014, these documents must be collected, validated and archived. They will accompany CTe or be delivered by trucking contractors.
- eSocial: A Human Resource requirement that requires over 27 web services, including topics like payroll. Mandated June 2014
- Manifestacao do Destinatario: Inbound Events required for Oil & Gas, invoices over 100,000 Reais in RioGrande Del Sul, and expanding in 2014 to other industries
- FCI - Ficha de Conteúdo de Importação: Importation Content File that is required on a monthly basis for imported goods – went into effect of most October 2013
- Contingency – Now this is not a mandate from the government, but I view it as a mandate for all companies. There are some changes ongoing with the contingency process – mainly driven with the release of version 3.1. Ensure you understand
the Virtual Server concept as this will be key to keep your operations up and running after the 3.1 transition.