HSBC Commercial Banking is taking aim at the male-dominated world of fintech, launching a programme designed to celebrate and encourage gender diversity.
According to recent data, women make up little more than a third of the fintech workforce, just 19% of the c-suite and 16% of founders.
HSBC is looking to address this and other gender-related problems in the industry by picking a group of 'Women on the Rise', establishing a community for networking, mentoring and education, helping members to take their careers and businesses to the next level, paving the way for other.
The first cohort includes:
- Joanne Bradford, chief marketing officer, SoFi
- Winnie Cheng, chief data scientist, IO Tahoe, and Co-Founder, Flowcast
- Ashley Fieglein Johnson, CFO and COO, Wealthfront
- Sima Gandhi, head, business development and strategy, Plaid
- Nancy Hilker, CFO, Addepar
- Huey Lin, COO, Affirm
- Monica Long, head of marketing, Ripple
- Marilyn Miller, chief people officer, Anaplan
- Kathryn Petralia, co-founder and president, Kabbage
- Shivani Siroya, CEO and founder, Tala
Martin Richards, US head, corporate banking, HSBC, says: "This initiative is important because gender diversity is a key catalyst for innovation and impact. We’re hopeful that this program will encourage positive change so that more women are able to realize their potential within the industry."