Finextra has partnered with analyst house Biss Research to develop an industry forum hosted by the London Stock Exchange and aimed exclusively at practitioners in the post trade operational space.
The first meeting of the Post-Trade Forum
is set to take place at the London Stock Exchange in Paternoster Square on 23 June, where industry experts will debate the pros and cons of a single consolidated clearing house in Europe.
Organised under the Chatham House Rule, the meeting will comprise a keynote by Iain Saville, the former chief executive of CrestCo, and a panel debate featuring Kevin Milne, director of post trade services at the London Stock Exchange and Anthony Belchambers, chief executive of the Futures and Options Association, among others.
Forum participants will consider:
- What are the pros and cons of a single clearing house model against the current fragmented competing model?
- What are the benefits of a single clearing house model to the investor?
- Would a single clearing house monopoly be a threat to cost reduction?
- How does the Dodd-Frank Act/EMIR proposal impact CCP's and the European markets?
- How will exchange mergers and acquisitions change the clearing house structure?
- What is the best clearing model for Europe?
To continue the debate in the virtual sphere, Finextra has established a Post Trade Community Group
, where forum participants can maintain contact, exchange views and opinions and share resources.
Further live meetings of the Forum will address outsourcing options under the cloud computing model, data standards and corporate actions risk, and MTFs versus stock exchanges.Registration
for the inaugural June event is open now.