Finextra has opened registration for a new one-day conference which will explore the challenges - and opportunities - for financial firms looking to optimise their current outsourcing arrangements and seek new geographies and business and operational areas, that could benefit from a more strategic sourcing approach.
Finexpo - Outsourcing Strategies
takes place at The Brewery in the heart of the City of London on Thursday 5 June and is free-to-attend for qualified representatives of banks and financial services institutions.
With the credit crisis still reverberating around the global financial industry and impacting balance sheets, 2008 promises to bring an increased focus on outsourcing and offshoring arrangements. Financial institutions must ensure existing arrangements deliver on their efficiency targets, while looking at further ways to improve and reduce costs in their organisational structures, business models and infrastructures.
Delegates attending Finexpo - Outsourcing Strategies will benefit from discussion of:
- The latest thought-leadership on the effect of globalisation on business models, organisational structure, technology and operations in banking and financial markets.
- What are the hot business areas for outsourcing, and what are the latest technological and competency developments among service providers?.
- How outsourcing and offshoring are transforming labour markets worldwide, and dramatically changing the skill-sets that financial institutions require in their employees.
- The rise of new countries aiming to provide development, operational and business process outsourcing services - how do they compare to established players in terms of cost, skills and education, legal frameworks and work culture?
- The latest in regulatory developments and their impact on how financial institutions manage their domestic and international sourcing activities.
- Best practices emerging from the successes, and failures, of high profile financial institutions' outsourcing activities - covering leadership and change management, fostering innovation, contract negotiation and renegotiation, exit strategies and staffing.
This important event will bring together financial industry business leaders and technologists, regulators, legal experts and service enablers for a day of intense networking and debate, drawing on case studies and the experiences of senior industry figures.