Finextra has opened registration for an important new London conference which will bring together senior business leaders, traders, technologists and green professionals within the financial services industry to stake out the issues, and share insights, knowledge and best practice in preparing for a carbon-constrained future.
Finexpo - Green City
takes place at the Andaz, Liverpool Street on Thursday 10 April and is free-to-attend for qualified representatives of banks and financial services institutions.
The day will feature keynotes and panel sessions covering the following topics:
- Marketing sustainability to customers and shareholders
- Emissions trading and the carbon economy - 2008 and beyond
- Green investment strategies - risks and opportunities for financial institutions
- Energy efficient data centres and operational technology.
Confirmed participants so far include:
- Matthew Robinson, head of the Group Sustainable Development Advisory Team at HSBC
- Prof. Michael Mainelli, a director at Z/Yen and principal advisor to the London Accord
- Imtiaz Ahmad, head of emissions trading at Morgan Stanley
- Chris Leeds, director of Global Emissions, Barclays Capital
Finextra has worked with the The CarbonNeutral Company (TCNC) to ensure that the environmental impact of our event is offset by investment in renewable energy and environmental projects. For Finexpo Green City, the unavoidable energy use and emissions produced in the course of the event will be offset by investment in a wind farm in Tamil Nadu, India; an agricultural methane capture project in Germany; and reforestation in Mynydd-Y-Garnedd, Wales.