A new series of half-day events will bring together practitioners involved in the innovation process within financial services institutions to debate and share knowledge on the latest technologies and approaches to innovation.
The first Forum for Innovation in Financial Services will be held on Thursday 8 November at the Andaz Liverpool Street in London, and will focus on strategies for driving change in banking and the capital markets.
Speakers and panel discussion participants confirmed so far include:
- James Gardner, Head of Innovation and Research, Group IT, Lloyds TSB
- Frios Manolas, Director, Global Business Technology Strategic Projects, Merrill Lynch Europe
- Pol Navarro, Head of Innovation, Banco Sabadell
- Neil Hudspeth, Director of Product Management, Metastorm
The format of the event, sponsored by Metastorm, will be a series of presentations followed by a panel discussion and lunch. The event will seek to provide insight and debate on the following topics:
- What approaches to promoting collaboration and knowledge flow have been proven to work in facilitating innovation?
- Modelling opportunities, and taking through evaluation to execution.
- How do a financial institution's relationships with outside vendors and consultants help define its approach to innovation?
- Addressing the business/technical divide
- Balancing risk management and productivity requirements with the need to innovate
For a teaser of some of the themes being discussed at the event, see the video of our interview with James Gardner.
Places are limited. Please visit the event website to register your interest in attending this event.