The Futures Industry Association today announced the results of the election of board members at its annual board meeting in Boca Raton, Fla.
Following the election, the new board elected the association's officers and public directors. All members will serve two-year terms unless otherwise noted. New members of the board are marked with an asterisk.
The following members were elected as officers by the new board:
- Kenneth M. Ford, Managing Director, Credit Suisse, was elected chairman
- Ira Polk, Chief Administrative Officer, MF Global Inc., was elected vice chairman
- Chris Hehmeyer, Chief Executive Officer, Penson GHCO, was elected secretary and treasurer
The following individuals were re-elected as public directors by the new board:
- Robert E. Fink, Consultant
- Todd E. Petzel, Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer, Azimuth Trust Company
Eight directors were elected for two-year terms in the regular member category:
- Craig Abruzzo, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- Patrice Blanc, Chief Executive Officer, Newedge Group
- Gerald Corcoran, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, R.J. O'Brien & Associates LLC
- Chris Damilatis, Managing Director, Head Of Listed Futures, Prudential Bache Commodities, LLC
- Michael C. Dawley, Managing Director, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Kenneth M. Ford, Managing Director, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC
- Alasdair Hodge, Managing Director, Barclays Capital
- Najib Lamhaouar, Managing Director, Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
Four directors were elected for two-year terms in the associate member category:
- David S. Mitchell, Partner, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Kenneth M. Raisler, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Mark Rosenberg, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, SSARIS Advisors LLC
Two directors were elected to fill the remainder of two-year terms expiring in 2009 in the regular member category:
- Ronald Filler, Managing Director, Lehman Brothers
- Michael O'Leary, Managing Director, Head of Global Futures, Banc of America Securities LLC
The new board also appointed John G. Gaine, Special Advisor to the Managed Funds Association, and Steve Sparke, Chairman of the Futures and Options Association, as Special Advisors. In addition, the board re-appointed Peter F. Borish as Chairman of the Institute for Financial Markets, the non-profit educational and training affiliate of the FIA.
The FIA's board of directors holds elections each year at the annual meeting in March, with terms staggered so that approximately half of the members are elected each year. In addition to John Damgard, president of the Futures Industry Association, who serves on the board ex officio, the continuing board members are:
- Richard Berliand, Managing Director, Global Head of Futures & Options, J.P. Morgan Securities Ltd.
- Philippe Buhannic, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, TradingScreen Inc.
- Thomas Callahan, Managing Director, Head of Global Futures, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc.
- Robert T. Cox, Managing Director, Head of Futures, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- George E. Crapple, Co-Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer, Millburn Ridgefield Corporation
- Ronald M. Hersch, Managing Director Emeritus, Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.
- Christopher Hehmeyer, Chief Executive Officer, Penson GHCO
- M. Clark Hutchison, III, Co-Global Head of Exchange-Traded Derivatives, UBS Securities LLC
- Peter J. McLady, Managing Director, Head of Global Exchange Services, Deutsche Bank AG
- Ira Polk, Chief Administrative Officer, MF Global Inc.
- Edward J. Rosen, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
The FIA is the leading trade organization for the futures industry. Its membership includes the world's largest futures brokers as well as leading derivatives exchanges from more than 20 countries.