Swift has named the 11 finalists that will battle it out in a Dragons' Den-style Innotribe start-up competition at this year's Sibos.
The competitors, unveiled by Swift's Peter Vander Auwera on his blog, will each be given five minutes to make their pitches to a panel of venture capitalist judges in Amsterdam on 28 October.
After the pitches there will be a quick Q&A with the judges while the audience will have its say using a "high-tech" applause meter.
Swift has chosen the finalists based on four themes for its Innotribe 2010 programme: cloud, mobile, smart data and Long Now.
The finalists are:
- AcceptEmail: E-billing and payment via e-mail
- BehavioSec: Behavioural analysis of keyboard/ mouse usage
- Canatu: Printable devices based on nano-technology
- Collibra: Business semantics glossary for data management
- Cumulate: Mobile payments based on cloud and semantic Web
- Hypios: Semantic Web for finding experts
- Kinamik: Data Integrity and in-stream archiving
- MiiCard: Identity and dematerialization of bank account creation
- MyWOT: My Web of trust
- FX Capital Group: The currency and payments platform
- Smartlogic: Semantic analysis of contracts/legal documents
The winner will be revealed in the final closing plenary later in the day.
Finextra@Sibos will be bringing you all the breaking news, along with blogs, videos and photos from Amsterdam.