SunGard announced today that it has released new capabilities for PlanningStation, a financial modelling and planning solution for financial advisors.
The new features of PlanningStation include enhanced scenario planning, expanded estate preservation alternatives, a new Forms repository, support for the Roth 401(k), and a new module for unifying asset allocation with product analysis.
- Scenario planning has been enhanced to expand its accessibility from any location within PlanningStation. Scenario planning helps advisors to create multiple client scenarios and profiles for further analysis and comparison on hypothetical financial plans.
- New estate preservation alternatives are available, providing advisors with enhanced capabilities to model inter vivos gifting, credit shelter trusts, transfers of existing life insurance policies to irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs), and purchase of new life insurance policies within an ILIT.
- Support for the Roth 401(k) as an available retirement asset type helps advisors produce comparisons to assist their clients in their Roth 401(k) decision.
- The new Forms repository helps advisors to access and print important firm-specific forms uploaded into PlanningStation. This capability assists firms with their compliance process by providing advisors with a single place to review and print necessary documents.
- A new module unites asset allocation with product-level data. It provides sophisticated asset allocation analysis including client risk profiling and comparison of asset mixes. In-depth historical performance data supplements the analysis with comparative analytics and product fact sheets for selected investments.
"PlanningStation continues to gain momentum with financial services institutions as a sophisticated, flexible and easy to use system. SunGard continuously stays at the forefront of the latest financial planning trends and legislative changes to offer a best-of-breed planning solution for brokers and investment advisors," said Blaine Maxfield, president of SunGard's PlanningStation and WealthStation business.
SunGard provides an integrated suite of services to help asset managers and advisors meet the financial needs of their clients, and capitalize on growing opportunities in wealth management. SunGard helps organizations to deliver on the promise of a more holistic and consultative client experience by providing an array of capabilities for client profiling and financial planning, asset allocation and portfolio management, securities processing and asset accounting, and consolidated client reporting and performance measurement.