Sberbank has added a new function to the Pay with QR service when accessed through Evotor POS terminals, by letting customers use their QR codes in addition to dynamic QR codes already available.
Sberbank integrated the Pay with QR service into Evotor POS terminals in the middle of July 2020. Since then, merchants have started using the solution in 68 regions of Russia. For the convenience of customers and businesses, Sberbank and Evotor have expanded the functionality of the Pay with QR solution. QR codes used to be generated automatically at online checkouts, while now there’s a second scenario available - you can use your individual QR code to facilitate payments.
Before making a purchase, users of the Sberbank Online mobile app generate a QR code inside the app, a merchant scans it with a QR code scanner or with a built-in camera inside an Evotor POS terminal. After that, the customer no longer needs to approve the transaction via the bank’s mobile app.
A new QR code gets generated every time to be stored for only a few seconds, which makes this payment method as secure as possible.
• To generate a QR code on your iPhone, you need to open Sberbank Online, choose the QR Code Use tab and then press Pay.
• To generate a QR code on your Android, you need to open Sberbank Online, choose the card, then Settings, and finally Pay with QR Code.
A special sticker, Pay with QR by Sber, on the doors or at the checkouts will inform you that a merchant location accepts QR code payments.
Dmitry Malykh, Acquiring and Bank Cards Director, Sberbank,
“We’re putting much effort into developing QR payments because they are secure, convenient, and save our customers’ time. Recently, together with our partner Evotor, we have marketed a Smart-POS solution for small businesses and micro-enterprises, while now we are running a project for individuals, who can appreciate its convenience across more than 65,000 merchant locations throughout Russia.”
Yuri Yuryev, COO, IT company Evotor,
“The first month of use of Pay with QR through Evotor has proven that the service is called for by businesses. QR technology lets you cut merchant acquiring and equipment costs when accepting cashless payments. To expand the use of the service, we are working on various user scenarios. Customers can now choose what’s more convenient for them, either to pay using the QR code the online checkout generates or get their own code.”
QR codes let customers:
● buy products and services even when they don’t have cash or bank cards with them, or when their smartphones don’t feature NFC, as many old and low-cost smartphones don’t support proximity payments.
QR codes let merchants:
● cut merchant acquiring costs, with fees for small businesses and micro-enterprises ranging from 0.6% to 1.5% depending on the industry, and cut equipment acquiring costs
● improve revenue, as customers who don’t have cards or cash with them will buy anyway; otherwise they’d have foregone a purchase.