Apex Clearing, the digital custody and clearing engine powering the future of wealth management, today announced the launch of a new integration with Orion Advisor Solutions, the premier provider of the tech-enabled fiduciary framework that empowers financial advisors to Prospect, Plan, Invest, and Achieve within a single, connected experience.
Under the integration, Apex's account opening APIs are now available inside the client portal for advisors on Orion's platform. This will enable investors to seamlessly open and fund an account in minutes, without the need for any paper processes or signatures.
Using Apex's technology, which powers market-leading digital mobile investing apps, Orion clients can now offer investors the ability to open accounts autonomously, directly via their client portal. This can be done through a simple, three-step process:
- Log into Client Portal: (Orion Planning)
- Open Account: Users enter all their information and complete the process via a checkbox that opens the account in real-time. The process can be completed in as little as five minutes.
- Fund Account: Clients can link their bank to their account right in the client portal and transfer the money right then and there.
"At Apex Clearing, we're constantly innovating and enhancing our solutions to deliver the most frictionless investing process possible," said Dustin Kirkland, Chief Product Officer of Apex Clearing. "A fully digital and instant experience is no longer considered added-value, it's demanded by today's tech-savvy consumers. As one of the first companies to digitize the rather antiquated and analog activities associated with securities clearing and custody, Apex has set the standard for the technology that drives many of today's most popular fintechs – and now we're bringing that same cutting-edge tech directly to advisors' practices via Orion's platform. More importantly, as advisors grow and add more clients to their rosters, they can rest assured knowing that Apex's technology is there to help them scale in ways they couldn't before."
The client-driven process also provides benefits for the advisor, such as:
- Seamless Integration into New Account Center: Once a client opens a new account through their client portal, advisors will see that account in the New Account Center in Orion Connect.
- Building Brand Equity: The integration with Apex allows advisors to take advantage of the efficiencies provided by the partnership, namely, the time saved not having to walk through the traditional account opening process repeatedly.
"Apex offers an incredible user experience, and their digital account opening tool completes our newly-upgraded client portal with everything a client needs to play an active role in the success of their financial future," said Hussain Zaidi, Chief Strategy Officer of Orion Advisor Solutions. "By offering Apex's real-time account opening and funding alongside our planning and investment solutions, all from a single portal, advisors are able to deliver the modern, engaging and real-time client experience investors demand."
Great Point Capital (GPC) is a national financial services firm that provides a fully integrated technology platform to independent investment advisors, brokers and insurance agents, allowing them to service the most sophisticated families and institutions.
"At Great Point, we are committed to ensuring that our advisors always have access to the most technologically advanced tools and platform available in the industry," said Jim Lynch, Managing Director and Head of Advisor Recruiting at Great Point Capital LLC. "Orion's new integration with Apex Clearing solidifies this competitive advantage, making us the premier location for advisors seeking today's most innovative wealth tech solutions."