Payment service provider and direct card acquirer ECOMMPAY have cut their fees to help European and the UK businesses at the forefront of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Vendors will only need to cover the direct cost of Visa and Mastercard fees.
The offer is in place for as long as the country of registration is in an emergency state. The offer extends to an additional two months post-emergency state, to help businesses recover and stimulate the economy. The vendor will still need to cover any direct costs, for example, fees that are put in place by Visa or Mastercard.
The offer is currently available to new clients in the following sectors:
● Supermarkets and grocery sales
● Food delivery and convenience foods
● Digital platforms (online training, online conferences, education)
● Digital Mass Media (newspapers, magazines)
● Gig Economy
● Telemedicine (certified medical specialist consultation and general assistance)
● Loyalty payments - payments for cancelled services, deposit refunds, employee rewards, and purchase rebate payments
● Salary disbursement services
As the world comes to terms with the COVID-19 pandemic, ECOMMPAY has taken measures to help businesses who find themselves on the front line of the outbreak. By cutting their processing fees to 0% for any company that has seen either a huge shift in their business model (from offline to online) and also companies who are working tirelessly to help fight against the virus.