Tesco Bank has today announced changes to its mobile banking app, which will enable iPhone customers to check account balances using Apple’s Siri functionality.
Grant Bourbousson, Digital Director, said: “Customers love using our mobile banking app to quickly and easily manage their money. The addition of Siri functionality illustrates our commitment to deliver new services that utilise technologies that UK consumers really value, and which importantly meet our customers’ needs. This is a simple, convenient and helpful development for Tesco Bank customers.”
Tesco Bank’s latest development taps into the surge in usage of digital assistants – with seven million people in the UK using these tools every day to help them with everything from setting a timer to giving directions.1
To date, the bank has seen 1.2 million customers register for the mobile app as their preferred method of accessing their account, and Tesco Bank is confident that this latest feature will further enhance the customer experience.
Tesco Bank’s Mobile Banking App offers all that you would expect from a banking app, as well as a number of innovative features to help customers manage their finances quickly and easily, including:
- Quick and secure access to the app using either Face ID, Touch ID, 5-digit passcode or existing online banking login details.
- Easy set up and management of credit card repayments by direct debit or debit card.
- An overdraft alert feature to help current account customers avoid account fees.
- Block / unblock feature which helps our credit card customers keep their account safe.
- Card scanning for credit card payments which enables customers to quickly add new card details using their camera.
To use our new Siri feature within the mobile banking app, customers should first ensure the functionality is enabled on their device. Customers can then turn on Siri within the app by visiting the settings menu.
Contributed | what does this mean?