Thunderhead, the leading provider of document generation technology, today announced the inclusion of Advanced Function Printing (AFP) capabilities in the Thunderhead Document Generation Platform.
AFP is the de facto standard solution for mission critical, high volume business output in many large enterprises. For customers requiring this delivery channel Thunderhead's AFP capability transforms XML data into AFP output for viewing, archiving, further transformation, or printing.
Thunderhead's AFP capability comprises:
- Full composition support including fonts, rules, and complex layouts
- Black & white, full color and RGB specification support for images and text
- Support archiving (e.g. IBM OnDemand) and print stream post-processing (e.g. Streamweaver) with NOOP or TLE's
- Custom Fonts
- FORMDEFs and Page Segments (PSEGs)
- IOB (Include Object) support
"Our support for AFP extends Thunderhead's reach into the high-volume enterprise environment, where AFP is most prevalent," commented Martin Davey, CTO. "With the addition of AFP capabilities the Thunderhead Document Generation Platform now supports all of the mainstream Print Definition Language (PDL) output formats, including Postscript, PDF, HTML and XML output for multi-channel delivery of personalized content."