DCEX, a cryptocurrency marketplace for retail and institutional investors, today announced registration is open to the first digital currency exchange to utilize XRP as its exclusive base currency.
DCEX is powered by blockchain exchange technology company AlphaPoint.
DCEX is a next generation crypto-to-crypto marketplace, with all currencies trading against XRP (XRP) as a base currency. Clients will be able to trade a total of 15 coin pairs - XRP, Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Ethereum classic (ETC), OmiseGo (OMG), EOS (EOS), DASH (DASH), Tron (TRX), Monero (XMR), VeChain (VEN), IOTA (IOTA), ZCash (ZEC), and stable-coin TrueUSD (TUSD), with plans to add Neo (NEO), Cardano (ADA), and more pairs in the coming months. Additionally, DCEX offers access to all ten coins listed in the Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index (BGCI) in one location.
DCEX looks to open for trading in the coming weeks but customers are able to register now at https://dcex.com/. Features of DCEX will include:
• Arbitrage among currency pairs on different exchanges: XRP as a base currency allows for seamless, high-speed transfers between exchanges to take advantage of price inefficiencies.
• Faster execution times with lower latency: As a U.S. based marketplace built for speed, the DCEX platform allows for a very rapid transaction volume with a network designed to facilitate up to one million transactions per second. Additionally, XRP blockchain transactions typically settle in under four seconds, allowing for faster multi-exchange strategies and providing a speed advantage over other money movement options.
• High frequency crypto trading: Advanced participants can easily connect to APIs to facilitate high frequency crypto trading strategies.
• Increase of overall liquidity in cryptocurrency space, using the XRP protocol: Availability of novel currency pairs allows for new conversion pathways for market participants and gives traders easy ways to access many of the top cryptocurrencies.
• Lower transaction fees: Market participants will be able to rapidly move XRP between DCEX and other marketplaces at a low network transaction cost as XRP protocol withdrawals allow for lower costs.
• Margin trading: Traders can increase returns when leveraging their investment to take advantage of trading opportunities as they arise.
Through its secure, scalable, and customizable distributed ledger platform, AlphaPoint enables customers like DCEX to launch and operate markets. Its proprietary distributed ledger technology provides a highly-secured venue and is the technology backbone for DCEX’s exchange to have a processing capacity of nearly one million transactions per second.