Worldpay US is introducing today a suite of new features to its omni-channel platform, Worldpay Total. The new capabilities are designed to better support the needs of existing customers as well as access to additional markets, including card-not-present and Windows®-based merchants.
Launched in October 2016, Worldpay Total connects and simplifies payments across sales channels through a single integration point and delivers a full-suite of payment processing tools for integrated software vendors (ISVs) and merchants by combining point-of-sale (POS), integrated payments and acquiring.
The new Worldpay Total features include:
• Account Updater: When customer payment information is placed into a merchant’s vault, Account Updater verifies that the system of record contains accurate payment information for Visa®, MasterCard® and Discover®. This automatic process simplifies back-office operations, reduces the number of declined transactions and extends the life of recurring payments when card numbers change.
• CAT Kiosks: Merchants can now make full use of unattended, computer assisted terminal (CAT) kiosks to offer products and take payments anywhere their customers want to shop and buy, while reducing wait times in checkout lines.
• Dynamic Descriptors: Merchants can now submit unique business names and MCC codes for each transaction, providing customers with richer detail on their receipts, invoices, and monthly credit card statements while minimizing confusion, service expenses and disputes over returns.
• Quick Chip Technology through Windows IPC: Worldpay Total now fully supports Quick Chip technology, a chip card payment processing upgrade that significantly decreases in-terminal transaction times for merchants using Windows platforms.
• Digital Wallets: Online shoppers can now check out faster on any device and pay securely with just a username and password using Visa Checkout®. Worldpay Total will soon support additional digital wallets, including Masterpass™ by Mastercard and One Touch™.
“We know the payments landscape is ever-changing, so Worldpay Total must change with it,” said Ian Van Buskirk, vice president of product strategy at Worldpay US. “These new features will improve the process for customers and merchants, providing customers with more payment options - whether in-store or online - and providing merchants with an enhanced suite of omni-channel capabilities.”
Worldpay Total features a user-friendly developer center with language-agnostic APIs and SDKs for Windows, iOS, and Android™, as well as a flexible payments hub that makes it easy and fast to add new features and services. Merchants can work with their ISVs, point-of-sale providers or Worldpay directly to upgrade their systems with the new features.