Ingenico Group (Euronext:FR0000125346 - ING), the global leader in seamless payment, announced today that Ingenico Mobile Solutions, its mobile point of sale (mPOS) division, has launched the Moby/3000, a Bluetooth-enabled mPOS card reader equipped to accept both EMV chip & sign and magstripe transactions.
While many mobile card readers still rely on audio jack connectivity, the Moby/3000 wirelessly pairs with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth™ 4.0, offering future-proofed connectivity to all of the latest mobile devices, including those without audio jacks, such as Apple’s new iPhone 7™.
The Moby/3000 is available at a similar price point to magstripe-only card readers, enabling merchant service providers (MSPs), independent sales organizations (ISOs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to maintain their current business models, rather than having to charge merchants a higher price for an EMV-enabled device. The low cost Bluetooth card reader offers payment solution providers the ability to ease the financial burden of EMV migration for their small business customers, while also helping to protect them against chargebacks.
“Migrating to EMV can be daunting to small merchants, as the switch can be costly or require a significant overhaul in their point of sale solution,” said David Szczepanski, chief operating officer at Ingenico Mobile Solutions. “The Moby/3000 makes it possible for all merchants to cost-effectively upgrade their mPOS payment solutions to accept chip cards and reduce their risk and liability for fraudulent transactions. With its consumer-friendly design, Bluetooth connectivity and simplicity, MOBY/3000 is built for wide adoption among small merchants.”
Additional features and benefits of the Moby/3000 include:
- Small, lightweight (2.8-oz.), and pocket-sized form factor for easy portability
- EMV chip card and magstripe readers to accept all forms of card-based payments in the US
- Compatible with virtually any iOS or Android device
- EMV Level 1 and 2 contact certification
- EMV certified to the Ingenico Mobile Solutions gateway to start accepting EMV payments right away
- Seamless integration with Ingenico Mobile Solutions’ mPOS EMV SDK
- Long lasting battery of 260mAh for all day mobile use
- Custom branding and white labeling options
The Moby/3000 mPOS card readers will begin shipping in November 2016, and are available for order now.
Contributed | what does this mean?