Uber, the ride-sharing app that allows users to request a safe, reliable and affordable rides with the tap of a button, in partnership with Bankaool the first Mexican online bank and Mastercard, the technology company leader in the industry of electronic payments, will launch tomorrow, the Uber Bankaool Debit Card.
The card is an innovative debit solution that offers a new option for users to pay for their rides, along with the use of online banking and a mobile banking app
Uber Bankaool card, available from Friday October 21st, is the first banking debit card that the technology company launches in Latin America to offer a way for users who do not have a credit card or whose debit card is not open for ecommerce to pay for their rides in a simple fashion.
#YourUberCardforEverything (#TuTarjetaUberParaTodo ) adapts to the current lifestyle of Mexican users, since it can also be used to pay at movie theaters, stores or restaurants, as well as ecommerce and mobile apps that accept Mastercard, both in Mexico and worldwide or even to cash withdraw from Automatic Teller Machines. The card is linked to a Bankaool bank account, which also offers savings and investment products.
“We are very excited to being able to offer safe, reliable and affordable rides to more people with this new card, which will be available for all Mexicans. With this partnership, we reaffirm our commitment with Mexico to make transportation available for everyone”. Francisco Sordo, Head of Uber for Mexico and Central America, mentioned.
Francisco Meré, CEO of Bankaool, highlighted: “For us, this partnership represents an excellent example how a fintech bank, with its open IT architecture, working with a technology company can bring innovative and disruptive solutions to a wider segment of the population in the different markets.”
Mastercard Commercial Vice President, Laura Cruz Urquiza expressed: “For MasterCard is very important to work hand in hand with strategic partners such as Bankaool and Uber, in order to offer innovative products to cardholders and the benefits of electronic payments with swiftness, convenience and security in each transaction”.
How to get the Uber Bankaool card:
1. Access Bankaool webpage: www.bankaool.com/uber
2. Enter the personal information of the card’s holder. The card is available only in Mexico
3. Make an initial deposit of MXN$200 in their account, which may be spent by the user
4. Within 5 to 10 business days, users will receive the card in their address
Some of the benefits of the Uber Bankaool card are:
• First Uber trip for free in an amount up to MXN$100 for new users of the application
• Accepted in physical stores and ecommerce.
• Internet Banking and Mobile Bankaool
• No-cost unlimited Interbank Transfers (SPEI)
• Online access to records of balances, movements, and account statements
• Monthly reimbursement of the commission of 2 cash withdrawals from any Automatic Teller Machine
• Access to the best banking investment rates
Uber Bankaool debit card has a monthly deposit limit of MXN $15,000 and is currently available at the Bankaool website for all Mexican users who wish to apply for it, and in the upcoming months will be available in convenience stores.
Contributed | what does this mean?