Hold on to your shorts, Tilters! We’re thrilled to announce some game-changing new updates in our latest app release v3.0.
While you’ve been out tilting dinners, parties, fundraisers, group trips, and even concerts this summer, we’ve been hard at work making our product even easier to use and more powerful for you. Check it out on iPhone or Android today!
1. Request and Pay — We’ve heard you loud and clear, and built peer-to-peer payments right into Tilt. In 2-3 taps, easily pay or request money from friends and family! It’s perfect for drinks, bills, ride-sharing, and more. Plus, it’s completely FREE to use.
2. Ticketing and QR codes for bigger events — We’ve made it possible to issue tickets and easily check people in at the door. (We’re looking to see who can top bringing the Chainsmokers to their campus!) Learn more here.
3. Tilt referrals — If you’re planning an event or selling an item, you can get more people to join by automatically incentivizing your contributors to refer their friends to purchase as well. Learn more here.
4. Easily accept or decline invites — Never lose track of a party invite again. Just tap “Notifications” and check out the pending area at the top for outstanding invites/requests!
5. A more social feed — See what your Facebook friends are tilting! Now it’s easy to stay in the loop with events and see what your friends are up to. (Fun fact: The average tilter has over 100 friends already on the app! Now it’s even easier to see what they’re doing.)
6. 3D Touch: Quickly pay, request money, or start a tilt from your homescreen — For those who have 3D Touch on their iPhones, force touch on the Tilt app icon to start even more quickly.
7. Tilt Influence Score — We created a fun way to measure your social influence via Tilt. Head to your profile page to see how you stack up against your friends! (Only visible on iOS, but holler at us on Snapchat @tilthq if you want it for Android/web.)
8. Limit the number of items a person can buy: On our Sell Something feature, you can now set a limit to the number of items each person can buy. It’s great for parties, events, or sales where you want to limit it to a max per person.
9. Verifying addresses: To save you the hassle of potential typos or misdeliveries, we’ll verify your shipping address when buying something on Tilt!
10. GIF comments on web: When we asked what your favorite thing about the app was, GIFs were at the top of the list. So without further adieu, GIF comments are live on desktop too—go nuts!
Of all these awesome new features, being able to Request and Pay were the biggest you asked for. Here’s a little more on how they work:
- It’s 100% FREE to use!
- Pay your friend back in 3 taps: enter an amount, select your friend, and off the money goes! (For our international Tilters: it’s way easier than a bank transfer and all you need is your friends’ mobile number!)
- Front the cost of dinner? Request money from as many friends as you want. Everyone can see who has and hasn’t paid, which adds visibility so you can spend less time playing debt collector.
- Hate having to withdraw funds? We automatically deposit money into your bank account on a daily basis, so you’ll never accidentally leave money in cyberspace again.
- Try it for iPhone or Android today!
We’re constantly inspired by all the ways you’ve brought our app into your lives and the unforgettable memories you’ve made with the people you care about. Our newest and best version of Tilt is a celebration of that! As always, can’t wait to see what you’ll tilt next.