Ipreo Private Capital Markets today announced the release of iVAL™, a cloud-based valuation solution that integrates data sources, valuation models, and reporting tools into a single platform and workflow for Private Equity ("PE") professionals.
"Valuing private portfolio companies can be an incredibly complex, time-consuming, and stressful process," said Jaime Hildreth, Managing Director, Head of Private Equity and Limited Partner Market Strategy for Ipreo Private Capital Markets. "But it's also an essential part of demonstrating value, credibility, and transparency."
Formerly the head of valuations and LP reporting for Blackstone's Private Equity and Tactical Opportunity Program, Hildreth spent years working with leading LPs and GPs to develop more flexible and accurate approaches to valuation. "Our client community made it clear that taking the guesswork out of the equation and generating audit-ready reports with greater speed and confidence was a top priority."
"iVAL is a critical addition to Ipreo's suite of integrated solutions for private capital market participants," said Dr.Stephan Forstmann, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps. "We look forward to continued partnership with Ipreo as they launch this product in the market."
iVAL is a natively-integrated solution within iLEVEL, a cloud platform that enables General Partners ("GPs"), Limited Partners ("LPs"), and fund administrators to automate portfolio data collection, gain new investment insight, and communicate value more transparently to colleagues, partners, and clients.
Key features include:
• Integration with Capital IQ data and iLEVEL portfolio company financials
• Multiple valuation methodologies
• Illiquidity discount calculation for both private and public securities
• Equity Allocation to investors
• Built-in alerts when additional data support is required
• Multiple currency support in native and fund currencies
• Transparent reporting with links to supporting documents and comments
• Robust analytics on company and portfolio performance
• Simplified reporting via secure portals, one-click PDFs, or Excel
"Ipreo is laser-focused on helping all private market participants not only gain control of their data, but also leverage that data to create and measure value," said Kevin Black, EVP, Private Capital Markets at Ipreo. "With a platform that includes leading solutions iLEVEL, QVAL, and iVAL, we are able to solve the most complex challenges facing our rapidly-growing client base – whether early-stage or late-stage, and including GPs and LPs."