Building on a successful initial launch of its mobile wallet more than a year ago, Scotiabank today unveils a series of enhancements to its mobile payment service, My Mobile Wallet.
These enhancements expand the number of capable smartphone devices that can be used to access My Mobile Wallet and enable the use of both Scotiabank debit and credit cards.
Effective today, any customer with one of the many eligible Android or BlackBerry smartphones from Rogers, Bell, Virgin Mobile, TELUS or Koodo Mobile will have the freedom to simply tap their mobile phone to pay for debit and credit purchases at all Interac Flash† or Visa payWave* enabled terminals. In addition, customers will continue to be able to store and use their SCENE®* loyalty card to earn and redeem SCENE points at Cineplex Entertainment®^ theatres and a growing number of SCENE partners.
"Scotiabank is always looking for ways to enhance its customer experience, and is committed to providing innovative, safe and secure ways to make it even easier for customers to take care of their banking needs," says Brian McCabe, Vice President, Day-to-Day Banking at Scotiabank. "My Mobile Wallet provides our customers with a secure and convenient way to pay for everyday purchases, just by tapping their phone at the checkout."
Customers with a smartphone that is compatible with My Mobile Wallet will receive an update to their Scotiabank Mobile Banking app, with easy-to-follow instructions to set up the wallet and add their eligible Scotiabank cards to make payments.
Key Security Details:
- The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects credit cards using Visa payWave. The Interac Zero Liability Policy protects debit cards using Interac Flash. As well, Scotiabank's Mobile Security Guarantee will apply to Mobile Banking and My Mobile Wallet sessions.
- Optional five digit wallet lock and customizable timer for wallet lock.
- Transaction amounts up to contactless limits typically under $100.
- Request for PIN to be entered to verify identity (on occasion).
- Any change to My Mobile Wallet settings will require the customers to log themselves into the Scotiabank Mobile Banking app.
Contributed | what does this mean?