Tesco Bank is making it easier for customers to keep track of their money on the move by introducing a new Balance Peek feature to its Mobile Banking App.
With around 450,000 logins to Tesco Bank's Mobile Banking App each week and more than a third of log-ins purely to view a balance, Balance Peek was created to enable customers to quickly and easily check their balance on their smartphone without having to log in to the Mobile Banking App. With Balance Peek, customers can now view the balance on their selected accounts by simply dragging down the Balance Peek 'drawer' on the login screen*.
Grant Bourbousson, Digital and Marketing Director at Tesco Bank, said: "We want to offer customers the most accessible and convenient digital banking experience possible, both online and via mobile. Since we launched the Mobile Banking App last year, we've seen many customers log in to the app every day just to check their balance. To help these customers, we created Balance Peak to provide simple, fast and convenient access to their account balance on the move."
Customers can set up the Balance Peek feature securely via the Settings menu once they login to the Mobile Banking App, where they can pick any or all of their accounts to view via Balance Peek. They can change which accounts they see at any time, or turn off the feature completely. Once enabled, they'll quickly be able to 'peek' at their selected balances the next time they launch the app. When opening Balance Peek, customers see only the account balances they have selected and only partial account numbers; customers must log in to the Mobile Banking App to carry out any transactions.
As well as Balance Peek, Tesco Bank's Mobile Banking App also delivers many useful features to help customers manage their finances quickly and easily, including:
- A calendar which enables customers to see how their spending changes month to month
- A 'Save Now' feature which enables customers to easily move money from almost any UK bank account into their Tesco Bank savings account simply by selecting a pre-set amount and pressing 'Save'
- An unauthorised overdraft alert feature to help customers avoid account fees
- The current interest rate on their savings accounts and exactly how much they have subscribed to their ISA
- The ability to view, print, send, export their bank statements
- The ability to add a debit card to pay a credit card bill