HSBC Bank is boosting its online resources for UK business customers with the launch of a new website - hsbc.co.uk/business - to help them make the most of the time and cost saving opportunities on the web.
Simon Wainwright, head of business banking at HSBC Bank, said: "Nine out of 10 firms have internet access and nearly 80 per cent cite obtaining information for their business as the most important reason. We're giving businesses the convenience of a vast 24 hour information database at their fingertips, as well as access to their banking."
The new website offers comprehensive business information resources as well as gateways to HSBC's award winning online banking services. It has been developed following extensive customer feedback on what SMEs want from a website.
Benefits for existing and prospective customers include a Knowledge Network to help customers get the most out of their business, through access to:
- Detailed country profiles with business and economic information on over 40 countries;
- Economic reports and monthly updates;
- Independent factsheets on hundreds of issues from HR and law to tax and purchasing;
- Trade and sector guides from hairdressing to web development;
- Monthly business advice e-newsletters; and
- Links to over 60 independent industry and trade bodies.
The website also allows customers to apply for current accounts, savings accounts and card processing online, to manage employee pensions schemes, and to manage their banking, invoice finance and fleet requirements.