Omgeo makes progress in fixed income segment
12 February 2014 | 1473 views | 0
Omgeo, the global standard for institutional post-trade efficiency, today announced that its fixed income community has grown by more than 12 percent during 2013.
Globally, 730 investment management, broker/dealer and outsourcer clients have adopted fixed income functionality on Omgeo Central Trade ManagerSM (Omgeo CTM), its multi-asset class platform for the central matching of cross-border and domestic transactions. 370 US clients have adopted Omgeo OASYSSM, its U.S. domestic trade allocation and acceptance service, respectively.
The growth in Omgeo's fixed income community, as well as macro-economic events such as quantitative easing in the U.S., has led to a 20 percent year-on-year increase in fixed income volume on Omgeo CTM and a 17 percent increase in fixed income volume on Omgeo OASYS. Regionally, the Americas led the way in total volume with 11.5 million fixed income transactions processed in 2013 compared to 10 million in 2012, an increase of 15 percent. Asia-Pacific saw the largest increase, with 32 percent growth in volumes to 201,000. Fixed income volumes in EMEA remained at 2.5 million.
Kevin Arthur, Director of Fixed Income Markets at Omgeo, said, "This year, investment strategies and decisions have had to keep up with significant shifts in the macro environment, such as the quantitative easing-related market moves in the U.S. last year. These events have resulted in fund flows in and out of equity and fixed income as well as shifts within fixed income asset classes."
"The middle and back office has to keep up with changes to investment strategies and, in an environment where the fund flows can be dynamic, investing in the right operational systems and processes becomes all the more important. The community and volume growth we have seen are a result of market participants' increasing desires to adopt global, industry best practice processes - including automation and standardization in post-trade operations."