BearingPoint, Inc. (NYSE:BE), one of the world's largest business consulting and systems integration firms, today announced the availability of its IP Telephony Readiness Assessment Tool to help organizations understand the implications of voice over IP (VoIP), which promises to revolutionize the way the corporate enterprise communicates.
Voice over IP, or IP Telephony (IPT) not only provides financial services companies with possible cost reduction opportunities as data and voice networks converge; it can also enhance functionality and the customer experience, says Frederic Veron, a managing director with BearingPoint.
"Companies are no longer dismissing IP telephony as vaporware," said Veron. "Today, IPT is being implemented as an acknowledged platform for enterprise voice communications. By implementing IPT, an enterprise has the potential of dramatically restructuring its costs, while providing the platform for enhanced, flexible and versatile communication solutions within the enterprise as well as with its business counterparts and customers."
The BearingPoint IPT Readiness Assessment tool can help Financial Services companies prepare for new IP technologies and is designed to help an organization to understand:
- What impact will IPT may have on my customers, organization, and operations?
- If IPT can offer a competitive advantage above and beyond the functionality already in place at a company's business locations and contact centers?
- Whether a company's existing infrastructure investment can support voice as an application transported over its private data network?
- Whether equipment and service vendors are prepared to offer the solution and services for IPT?
- What are the cost savings benefits of a IPT solution that may be available and when a positive return on investment might be realized?
- How should my organization prepare itself for the deployment and operations of these solutions?