Micros, the leading provider of technology for the retail and hospitality industries and payleven, Europe's technological leader in mobile payment, announce they are joining forces to provide businesses with the world's first cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) solution with integrated mobile Chip & PIN card payment technology.
As the first step in a European partnership, together they offer an affordable and advanced POS solution.
Based on Micros' new Kachng!, Micros and payleven have together created a cloud based pay-as-you-go system that incorporates rich POS capabilities which can be implemented in minutes. Its features include:
• Instant Setup - register online with no paperwork required. Installation is simple: download the payleven App and access Kachng! online from any HTML web browser. It requires no specialised staff to setup
• Pay-as-you-go - no long-term contracts. A Kachng! rolling subscription costs from £49 per month per POS and payleven simply charges 2.75% per transaction and £89 + VAT for the card reader. Both can be cancelled at any time.
• Mobility - a truly mobile POS that works via 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi - perfect for both mobile retail and flexible in-store transactions.
• Integrated Chip & PIN Payments - integrated card payments functionality provides a seamless transaction flow, as well as automatic sales and card history transaction reconciliation.
• High-Level Security - EMV Level 2 Device, PCI compliant data storage and encrypted data.
• Scalable - options to manage multiple card readers, tills and branches. Platform provides simple plug-and-play expansion capabilities from one to over 100 points of sale.
• Real Time Data Access in Cloud - reporting of live up-to-date figures for sales, stock and card payment settlement, accessible anytime anywhere with internet connection.
• Powerful Retail Tools - promotions, discounts and single use vouchers can all be easily generated. In addition, optional modules for CRM, inventory management and stock file upload are also available- only pay for what you use.
"I would have expected to pay tens of thousands of pounds for this snds of pounds fnds of pnds of pounds for this system," says Clinton Lewin, Owner of iCandy and a Kachng! and payleven trial customer. "I was setup and taking payments in 24 hours with access to real-time data and analytics wherever I am. I only pay for what I use and have peace of mind that this new technology is backed by renowned Micros. I am getting big business technology at small business rates."
Frank Ward, CEO Micros Systems UK Ltd commented, "We are committed to bringing the very best retail and hospitality systems to the SME sector and this new partnership means that any small business can now benefit from accepting their customers' credit cards without the commitment to long term banking agreements."
"We constantly look to enrich our customer experience by extending payleven's functionality," says Alston Zecha, COO and founder of payleven. "Today marks another important step on that journey partnering with Micros, a proven leader in Point-of-Sale technology. We are continuing to help growing businesses expand, by designing a system that can scale to offer increasingly sophisticated functionality as required".
The new system is available to all existing and new customers of both Micros and payleven from today in the UK, and will shortly be available in other European geographies.