TD Ameritrade, a broker dealer subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (AMTD), has redesigned and enhanced its suite of mobile apps, adding comprehensive information and new functionality to its already popular mobile offerings.
"As the leader in mobile trading we're continually working to give traders and investors the most robust, yet streamlined mobile experience," said Steve Quirk, senior vice president of TD Ameritrade's Trader Group. "We are the only broker dealer to offer two mobile trading platforms available to all retail clients, providing clients with the flexibility to go back and forth between the apps based on their preference or situation."
TD Ameritrade Mobile
The completely redesigned TD Ameritrade Mobile app offers access to account information, equity and options trading functionality, integrated watch lists, and charts, just as the original app did. Plus, users will now have access to:
- Quality third-party research content providing an overview of the markets, sector performance, global index information, a calendar of events, such as earnings, IPOs and dividends, and a look at the most active stocks and options for a given day
- Access to many of the independent ratings and full research reports available on the TD Ameritrade web site, from providers such as ResearchTeam, Credit Suisse, S&P Capital IQ, TheStreet, and Market Edge
- Expanded news offering access to nine different sources, filterable by provider, including Briefing.com, BusinessWire, Dow Jones, Marketwatch, Zack's, and more
"Our new redesigned app provides clients with more convenience, information and investing power," said Stuart Rubinstein, managing director of online engagement, TD Ameritrade. "We made these enhancements to give our clients what they want - more capabilities and ease of use while on the go. Our mobile experience now more closely mirrors what investors can find on the web."
The redesigned app is currently available on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, with a redesign of the Android app planned for later this year. Over time, TD Ameritrade will encourage existing clients to download the new app through regular reminders. The app is available free of charge.
"Over the last few months we've continued to see tremendous growth in our mobile financial solutions," Quirk continued. "Many of our clients find mobile a natural fit for interacting with their investments. We currently have nearly 200,000 weekly mobile users, with about 1,600 new mobile users coming to us each day."
TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader
TD Ameritrade has also recently revamped its mobile app designed for the active trader looking for a trader-focused application on the go. TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader now features:
- New look and feel with a lite theme to provide a cleaner appearance
- Streaming independent programming from the tastytrade network and CNBC
- Additional trading capabilities with detailed technical analysis, options strategy trading and futures and forex trading
- Increased market visibility and ease of use with traders now able to view hundreds of symbols all at the same time and all on one interface
The redesigned TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader app is also available free of charge on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, with a redesign of the Android app planned for later this year. TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader is available on BlackBerry and Windows phones.