Square launched new features today for Square Register and Pay with Square that further deepen the relationship between buyers and sellers.
Square allows business owners to create rewards programs that both attract new customers and make existing customers return, again and again.
With more than two million individuals and businesses able to accept credit card payments with Square across the United States, Square is focused on providing the tools people need to grow and manage businesses. Updates to Square Register and Pay with Square include:
- Pay with Square users collect merchant cards from their favorite places and track rewards from purchases on an in-app punch card
- Tools to attract new customers and reward regulars, including first visit specials and customizable punch cards
- In-app reporting that provides quick access to sales trends in real time and easy reporting, including x and z reports
- Intuitive inventory library to easily create categories of items for easy access and sorting
- Customizable percentage and dollar discounts for any item or sale
- Beautiful newly designed Pay with Square interface for discovering new businesses
Since Square Register's launch in March, Square Register users are five times more active on a weekly basis than Square Card Reader users and they process approximately 2x more revenue. Square's latest offering will allow participating merchants to give regular customers VIP treatment starting with the first visit. Customers will be able to store cards from their favorite Square businesses and keep track of progress towards rewards.
Before he started accepting credit card payments with Square, Jordan Ceresnie, owner of Cheese Dream in Ann Arbor, MI, had to turn away dozens of customers a day and lose hundreds of dollars in sales:
"Tracking sales history is extremely important to understanding the health of my business. Built-in analytics allow me to look at the day's total transactions and most popular item at any point throughout the day. Square Register has made running and growing my business simple."
Square Register is a free iPad app that serves as a full point-of-sale system for businesses to accept payments, track inventory, publish goods and services information, and engage with customers. Pay with Square is the seamless way to pay that enables customers to explore and discover nearby businesses, menus and specials, and pay with their name.