E*Trade Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: ETFC) today announced the introduction of voice recognition on E*Trade Mobile for iPhone, enabling users to access stock quotes, news and options chains, navigate to their portfolios and launch a stock order ticket, all with the power of their own voice.(1)
"Investors are becoming more accustomed to interacting with voice-enabled technology, and we're proud to be one of the first to offer this innovative feature to our mobile users," said Michael Curcio, President, E*TRADE Securities. "By integrating voice technology, E*TRADE provides a mobile experience unlike any other - creating a state-of-the-art and convenient approach to navigation."
iPhone users can access the feature with the latest version of E*TRADE Mobile, which is available through the Apple App Store. Simply tap the microphone icon at the top right corner of any screen and say a command. For example, find stock quotes by speaking a stock name or symbol, access personal investment information by saying, "show me my portfolio," or pull up a stock order ticket by asking to buy or sell a stock name or symbol. The feature - one of the first among financial service mobile applications - is powered by Nuance Communications, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: NUAN - News) Dragon voice recognition technology. E*TRADE plans to roll out the same capability on Android™ smartphones later this year.
E*TRADE has also introduced a number of new capabilities on iPhone and Android, including:
- Barcode Scanning for iPhone and Android: Snap a photo of a barcode and, if available, get details on the publicly traded company associated with the product
- Chart Comparison Enhancement for iPhone and Android: Compare stocks to other stocks or market indices, all on the same chart
- Analyst Reports for iPhone: Access stock-specific analyst reports from some of the most widely trusted research providers
- CNBC Video for iPhone: Currently available on Android, iPhone users can now filter video reports based on preferences and interests through CNBC Video on Demand (2)
- Mobile Check Deposit for Android: Launched earlier this year on iPhone, Android users can now deposit checks directly with their smartphone camera
- Mutual Fund Trading for iPhone and Android
1. Securities products and services offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC, Member FINRA /SIPC.
2. CNBC video for iPhone and Android is available at no additional charge to E*TRADE Pro Elite active trader customers who execute at least 30 stock or options trades during a calendar quarter. To continue receiving access to this feature, users must execute at least 30 stock or options trades by the end of the following calendar quarter.