Société Générale de Banques au Cameroun is launching Monifone, the first multi-operator service to transfer money and pay invoices by mobile phone in Cameroon.
In addition to mobile payments, Monifone's unique characteristic is to offer services to non-SGBC clients and to indivdiuals who do not have a bank account. This offer follows in the footsteps of Yoban'tel, which was developed by Société Générale de Banques au Senegal.
Monifone is a simple, fast and secure service that is designed to meet the various needs of clients by providing services such as:
- money transfer to persons whether or not they are subscribers to Monifone
- money withdrawals and deposits within an approved network of outlets (SGBC and its partners)
- internet credit recharge by mobile phone
- international money transfer solutions
- enabling companies and public institutions to pay wages, pensions and healthcare benefits to individuals without a bank account
Two partners, microfinance institutions Advans and Credit Communautaire d'Afrique (CCA), already offer Monifone to their clients.