Source: American Bankers Association
The American Bankers Association announces the formation of the Payment Systems Task Force, an assembly of bankers who will develop proactive strategies to ensure a strong, safe and efficient payments market.
The task force will work to ensure new payment technologies promote competitive access for and participation by banks of all sizes and charters.
The task force is led by ABA Vice Chairman Jeff L. Plagge, president of Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa.
"With many emerging digital and mobile payment solutions, it is important to ensure competitive access and participation for banks of all sizes and charters," said Plagge. "The Payment Systems Task Force will work to ensure consumers benefit from the safety and security provided by bank-operated payment solutions."
Members of the Payment Systems Task Force:
• Howard T. Boyle, president and CEO, Home Savings Bank, Kent, Ohio;
• Stephen Goodenow, president, Goodenow Bancorporation, Okoboji, Iowa;
• Richard J. Green, CEO, Firstrust Savings Bank, Conshohocken, Pa.;
• Jane F. Haskin, president and CEO, First Bethany Bank & Trust, Bethany, Okla.;
• Charles H. Majors, chairman and CEO, American National Bankshares Inc., Danville, Va.;
• Kade G. Peterson, executive vice president, Sterling Savings Bank, Spokane, Wash.;
• Steve Turkiewicz, president and CEO, Montana Bankers Association, Helena, Mont.; and
• Guy Williams, president and CEO, Gulf Coast Bank and Trust Company, New Orleans, La.