Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced the launch of Thomson Merger News, a tailored online M&A news service for the investment banking community.
Integrated into the market leading Thomson ONE solution suite, Thomson Merger News provides insight on Europe's most significant deals.
Through twice daily e-mail alerts, Thomson Merger News includes independent reports and commentary on the most significant pan-European M&A news. It also leverages deal related editorial from Thomson Financial publications (including Acquisitions Monthly, European Venture Capital Journal and International Financing Review). The combination of timely M&A coverage, together with the full breadth and depth of Thomson Financial content and functionality within Thomson ONE for Investment Banking, offers the investment banking community an unrivalled workflow tool. This can be customised to meet the needs of both senior and junior bankers alike.
Donal Smith, President and Chief Operating Officer – Europe, Thomson Financial commented: "The integration of timely, tailored and relevant M&A deal coverage, drawn from our world class editorial resource, into our market leading Thomson ONE application is in direct response to feedback from our investment banking clients. Thomson ONE with Thomson Merger News enables us to address the complete needs of the entire investment banking workflow, from idea generation and prospecting, composite analysis and valuation through detailed due diligence and client presentation. We appreciate and understand the value in providing our clients with a robust financial information platform which is easily customisable for each user's needs, so that they can better serve their clients."
Thomson Merger News provides company and industry coverage, together with market insight. It includes the following sections:
- Today's M&A News - Thomson Merger News focuses on the deals that matter, with exclusive reports on European announcements of mergers, acquisitions, alliances and joint ventures that may result in deal activity.
- Deals Update - News analysts continually monitor the regulatory and press release newswires and publish the key M&A headlines in the "Deals Update" section.
- Market Intelligence - Journalists track developments in the market and monitor the M&A ambitions of corporates and private equity houses. Thomson Merger News spotlights the most substantial speculation and provides original intelligence on which companies are looking to buy and sell assets.
- Editorial Comment – Drawing upon the M&A insight of journalists from Acquisitions Monthly and other Thomson Financial publications, this section provides challenging and independent opinion. It explores current themes in M&A and adds further insight.
- Sector Analysis – Examines recent sector trends and puts current deals in perspective. Each of the primary sector groupings is covered on a rolling basis.
- Press Digest - Each morning Thomson Merger News provides a detailed news digest, containing a summary of the latest news from both UK and continental European press and wires.
- Legal and Regulatory - Thomson Merger News reports on recent regulatory referrals as well as an examination of issues in competition and antitrust practice, at both national and EU level.
- League Table Movers – Drawing on Thomson Financial's market leading league tables, articles will explore the performance of financial, legal and other advisers as well as the key individuals working on deals.