Cashflows, part of the Voice Commerce Group and provider of innovative business payment solutions, is pleased to announce that it has become a member of the global provider of secure financial messaging services, Swift.
The relationship builds on Cashflows existing membership of Visa and MasterCard and significantly extends the scope of its global payments network.
SWIFT is the industry-owned co-operative supplying secure, standardised messaging services and interface software to nearly 9,000 financial institutions in 209 countries and territories. SWIFT members include banks, broker-dealers and investment managers. Cashflows has secured use of the IBAN 'CASH GB2L' which will be used in all messaging.
As a Supervised Financial Institution, Cashflows is able to offer a greatly enhanced service to its customers, bringing significant cost and speed efficiencies including:
• Centralised and standardised reporting, including ability to receive intra-day and per movement reporting
• Increased efficiency in sending payment instructions
• Increased reach of territories and currencies supported
• Improved communication with banks via SWIFT Free Format messages - will aid in resolution of queries, tracking and tracing of funds
• Improved account opening process in that initial communication can be made by SWIFT.
• Direct Access to Interbank Transfers
• Harmonisation of banking applications
Becoming a full member of SWIFT follows Voice Commerce Group becoming the first fully authorised Payment Institution to qualify under the new 2nd Electronic Money Directive in the UK.
Nick Ogden, CEO and founder of Cashflows, commented: "We are delighted to become a member of the global SWIFT community. This will allow us to provide faster and more secure payment facilities and underline our commitment to developing our Cashflow account as global solution for our ever increasing business customer base".