Advanced Financial Solutions (AFS), a Metavante company and leading provider of image-enabled payment processing solutions to the financial services industry, announced the availability of the AFS xVision suite.
The applications included in the AFS xVision suite ensure seamless interoperability between all the leading check image exchange networks, and when combined with existing item processing operations, provides financial institutions with the critical element required to optimize its electronic payments environment.
Interoperability between image exchange networks will become an increasingly important factor in the industry's adoption of check image exchange and its continued ability to maximize the benefits of Check 21, with faster, more secure, and more cost-effective payment operations.
"The AFS xVision suite provides the automated check image exchange interfaces to the Endpoint Exchange Network, the Federal Reserve's FedImage Services, and with the country's top-tier CPCS-based banks that participate in the SVPCo Network and clear and settle millions of items each day," said Gary Nelson, president of AFS.
The AFS xVision suite allows financial institutions, regardless of their processing environment, to exchange check images with thousands of depository institutions in every Federal Reserve District across the country.
The AFS xVision suite includes:
- AFS xChange – ensures seamless interoperability between the leading national check image exchange networks – the Endpoint Exchange Network, the Federal Reserve's FedImage Services, and SVPCo.
- AFS xIRD - provides an x9.37 file for items that require an Image Replacement Document (IRD).
- AFS xReturn – manages the electronic return process for all check image exchanges, including IRD processing.
- AFS xCapture – manages the input processing for distributed capture items, from both the AFS Direct suite of remote capture solutions and from other vendors distributed image capture solutions.
- AFS xDeposit – designed for a financial institution's commercial depositor that is running the AFS ImageVision platform.
- AFS xOPeRA – (Optimum Presentment for electronic Remittance Automation) serves as AFS xVision's real-time presentment decision engine.
- AFS xArchive – automates image file creation for output and storage into multiple check image archive systems.
- AFS IQA – (Image Quality Assurance) tests incoming check images for potential image defects and usability problems in compliance with the FSTC Image Quality and Usability initiative.
"The AFS xVision suite expands the interoperability of check image exchange to handle the exchange standards and record formats from the smallest community banks through the largest CPCS-based national institutions," added Gary Nelson.