RBC is now the first bank in Canada to have fully integrated mobile banking apps on all three smartphone platforms - BlackBerry, iPhone and Android. Unlike other mobile banking apps, these are fully configured to conveniently fit the screen of all three smartphones.
Mobile banking apps have certainly proven to be an attractive banking option for RBC clients. Since the initial launch in December 2010, mobile banking apps have resulted in:
• 800,000 unique downloads to date
• On average, clients checking their account balance over 12 times every month
• Over 1.6 million bills paid and 3.6 million fund transfers conducted through mobile banking.
"Canadians are busy - now more than ever - and the Android app offers them the time-saving convenience of taking care of their banking needs 24/7," said Sharad Ojha, Head, Mobile Channel Strategy, RBC. "With mobile penetration currently at 68 per cent worldwide and expected to grow even further, consumers will look to leverage mobile devices and applications for their banking needs in ever increasing numbers."
The RBC Android app allows clients to access a full range of services - illustrated at http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mobile/android.html - including the ability to:
• View account balances, details and transaction history for all personal and business accounts
• Transfer funds between existing Canadian or U.S. Dollar RBC Royal Bank accounts
• Pay bills in Canadian or U.S. dollars
• Access RBC's Mortgage Payment and Foreign Exchange Calculators
• Send Interac e-Transfers to registered payees
• Locate the closest RBC Royal Bank branch or ATM through the GPS feature
"Based on our client feedback, mobile banking is emerging as the banking channel of choice for people on the go. We are committed to delivering banking solutions that provide our clients with a hassle-free, convenient user experience," said Ojha.