Source: GBST Global Broker Services
GBST, the global financial services technology provider, announces the launch of Syn~2, the new suite of products which provide multi-asset, multi-market settlement solutions to capital markets.
The Syn~2 offering provides enhanced usability to make it easier for management to control the trading process and monitor progress on an ongoing basis across markets.
The product range, which includes Syn~TransactionManager, Syn~EDM (Enterprise Data Manager), Syn~Custody and Syn~Operations, addresses current industry issues, challenges and developments, as well as data entry aspects. The incorporation of the latest version of Google Web Tools enhances usability and reduces risk for clients by providing the ability to view dynamic flow charts that show the status of transactions, pinpointing where delays or authorisations are occurring.
On the challenges faced by the global capital markets industry, Patrick Salis, chief executive officer at GBST Global Broker Services, explains:
"Changing business structures, relationships and regulatory amendments such as the increased need for transparency and concerns over risk management require flexible and responsive back office operations. Syn~2 is a rules-based transactions processing system which means that, as a business changes or as regulations are implemented or adapted, system rules can easily be amended to reflect new processing without system downtime, upgrades or cost to our clients.
"In our industry, there is also a need to break down operational silos and to produce cost savings for regional or global operations processing all asset classes. Operations must be seen to support global trading, leading to constant uptime, real-time reporting requirements and follow-the-sun exception management. Uniquely the Syn~2 offering processes equities, fixed income and derivatives transactions, using common business rules and structures to ensure common operations and reporting. Organisations can use the new functionality to meet transaction reporting regulatory requirements."
The key characteristics of the Syn~2 product suite include:
• Changes include a fast, process oriented and flexible web user interface, with real time user feedback and validation,.
• In a single instance it supports global, multi-client business for non-stop processing. Syn~2 is web-enabled for global deployment ease and constant access.
• Time to market is quick for tailored solutions and subsequent developments through code-free, business driven modelling.
• Rapid, low-cost response to changing regulatory and business needs
• Horizontally scalable processing environment enables cloud deployment and minimises infrastructure costs as volumes grow
• Work-flow driven, automated exception-based processing for highest STP
• Syn~2 is designed to be touch-compatible and fall in line with the recent set of tablet launches and their use by global business executives.