The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) joins with nine commercial banks and their securities companies to start a campaign "One for All - A simple way to trade online via banks," aiming at increasing convenience for internet banking customers to be able to access to all types of securities, e.g., equities, derivatives and mutual funds, through cooperation with their bank's securities firms.
"The SET realizes the potential of internet banking customers and seeks to provide them with more convenience and faster access to SET products and different types of investment by connecting them with the securities firms of the participating banks. Under this project, bank customers can open an account and make transactions by themselves using the same login name and password that they use when logging into their internet banking accounts. This project will be launched in Q3/2011," revealed SET President Charamporn Jotikasthira.
"The project makes it easy for a bank's retail customers diversify their portfolio by opening a securities trading account. Not only that, it helps clients to manage their portfolio more easily by using the same login name and password that they use for other internet banking services. This project helps create a one-stop self-service access to securities trading, in cooperation with each bank's securities firm. This project will benefit bank customers and help expand the investor base of participating securities firms," said Mr. Charamporn.
The nine banks joining this project, and their securities firms, are
• Bangkok Bank PCL & Bualuang Securities PCL
• Kasikorn Bank PCL & Kasikorn Securities PCL
• Kiatnakin Bank PCL & Kiatnakin Securities Co., Ltd.;
• Krung Thai Bank PCL & KT ZMICO Securities Co., Ltd.;
• Bank of Ayudhya PCL & Ayudhya Securities PCL
• CIMB Thai Bank PCL & CIMB Securities (Thailand) Limited
• Thanachart Bank PCL & Thanachart Securities PCL
• Tisco Bank PCL & TISCO Securities Co., Ltd.;
• The Siam Commercial Bank PCL & SCB Securities Co., Ltd..