To keep market participants closely up-to-date with its latest rules, Singapore Exchange (SGX) has enhanced its Rulebooks website, featuring a new user-interface with more online capabilities and improved navigation.
The improved website will be available from 31 March 2011 at sgx.com/rulebook.
"The enhanced Rulebooks facility reflects SGX's commitment to providing market participants, wherever they may be located, efficient access to information about our markets. Using the website, the investment community can enrich their understanding of our regulatory structure," said Ms Yeo Lian Sim, Chief Regulatory Officer, SGX.
Powered by an advanced search engine, the website offers added online functionalities for users to easily locate and obtain the various rules. SGX is among the first exchange in Asia to introduce such online functionalities of its Rulebooks. Through this channel, SGX has gained an important and effective avenue to update its various stakeholders on Rule changes. Expected users include local and international Trading and Clearing members, listed companies, investors, issue managers, compliance officers, industry professionals, SGX shareholders, regulators and government bodies, media, and other informational vendors.
The new functions and improved services include:
1. Improved navigation. Users can access a Rule directly online without downloading any material. Rules are also interlinked, where appropriate, to assist users in searching for related Rules or materials.
2. Robust search engine. Users can customise their search with three different search functions.
a. Quick search across all Rulebooks
b, Rule number search across all Rulebooks
c. Advanced search features and capabilities for all or specific Rulebooks
3. One consolidated site for latest, updates and upcoming rules. Users can easily track and access the latest and upcoming rules within one site and hassle-free.
4. New Alerts Service. Users can subscribe to an upcoming customised "alerts" service for changes and updates of Rules relevant to their needs. For example, a user can be alerted to any upcoming amendment to a Rule on to a Rule on a specific Rulebook. This keeps users closely informed at all times.
5. Print manager and link functions. Web users can put together requirements from different chapters of the same Rulebook or from different Rulebooks into a single document for printing. They can also establish web links directly to a specific Rule.
The Rulebooks comprise the various rules governing the listing, trading, clearing and depository services that the industry and market participants observe.
The enhanced Rulebooks website does not affect the regulatory filings and disclosures of listed companies and SGX members. The public can continue to access useful regulatory data and information, such as the SGX Regulator's Column, Public Consultations, Disciplinary Actions, Legislation & Other Instruments and others at sgx.com