IPC Systems, Inc., a leading provider of trading communications solutions to the world's top financial services firms, today announced the launch of Unigy™, a revolutionary, single SOA-based unified trading communications and applications platform.
Unigy can help trading firms of every size transform their trading workflow - making a firm's trading teams significantly more productive and their operations much more profitable.
The key benefits of the Unigy platform are:
• Collaboration - simplifying and accelerating collaboration between traders and their middle and back office trade support teams so deals get done faster
• Open and extensible application development - enabling the development of proprietary apps, on demand, to streamline processes and gain a competitive advantage
• Management - dramatically improving communications system management, monitoring, and maintenance with the new Unigy Management System for greater flexibility, scalability and uptime
• Lower costs - reducing TCO in multiple ways, such as more affordable, inherent BCP options, lower energy consumption and smaller rack footprint, and more efficient use of IT resources.
"Unigy is an industry game-changer," said Lance Boxer, chief executive officer, IPC Systems. "For the first time, companies of every size and employees in nearly every role can benefit from what Unigy offers. It's a soft switch, but with so much more. Unigy is so powerful and comprehensive that all members of a trading firm will find multiple advantages they will no longer want to work without."
Designed to transform the trading environment, the Unigy platform speeds collaboration between traders and the entire trade support team across middle and back offices. Recognizing that every trading firm is different, Unigy also increases trader productivity with the ability for firms and partners to develop their own applications, creating a new era of innovation in trading communications.
Simultaneously with the Unigy platform introduction, IPC is offering a new comprehensive suite of hard and soft devices for collaboration, a new compact turret and out-of-the-box Unigy-enabled trader applications built on the new Blue Wave Application Development platform.
"As the market leader, we made the strategic decision to build an open system that makes it easier for customers to leverage their existing technologies and adhere to their IT and security standards, as well as help future-proof their investment," says Boxer. "Unigy's SOA-based, open standards platform gives customers the greatest flexibility to integrate the technology into their environment and develop applications that improve trading workflow."
Dushyant Shahrawat, senior research director, Securities & Investments, TowerGroup said: "Today's trading environment demands new trading communication technologies that not only keep up with but can outpace the dynamic changes that are occurring in trading. Integration with other people, systems and applications using industry and open standards is critical to allowing traders to work efficiently and maximize their productivity."
The Unigy platform's unique and revolutionary architecture means customers have unlimited flexibility, scalability, and adaptability to:
• Move fast and capitalize on emerging markets and opportunities.
• Adjust or augment their system, as needed, to adhere to new regulations and rules.
• Gain a highly available and predictably scalable solution to lower TCO.
And, Unigy's interoperability allows it to work with a customer's Alliance system, existing IQ/MAX turrets, PBX phone systems and voice recording equipment so they can leverage current investments and migrate at whatever pace is best for their business.
"We wanted to create a truly revolutionary offering for the industry. And we did," says Boxer. "We ensure that every IPC innovation is comprehensive, reliable and merits the investment of our customers. After two years of rigorous development and testing, we can certainly say that about Unigy."