E*Trade Financial Corp (Nasdaq: ETFC) today announced that E*Trade Securities LLC has launched CNBC Plus on its newly redesigned premier desktop trading software for active traders, Power E*Trade Pro.
CNBC Plus offers commercial-free live streams of CNBC TV from the U.S., Europe and Asia. The CNBC Plus video-on-demand archive provides the ultimate research library with more than 150,000 interviews, analysis and commentary, and more than 100 new clips added each day.
"Active traders want quick, easy, personalized access to the markets and the news that moves them, along with cutting-edge tools and technology to help them trade effectively," said Michael Curcio, President, E*TRADE Securities LLC. "The latest Power E*TRADE Pro takes our active trader experience to a new level with real-time video from CNBC, improved layouts and features, and as always, competitive order execution and pricing."
"CNBC is an investor focused content provider committed to delivering business news, in-depth market coverage and analysis to viewers and users anywhere, anytime and on any platform," said Mark Hoffman, President, CNBC. "E*TRADE active traders will now be able to access CNBC's global television coverage at home, in the office and on the go keeping them plugged in and better prepared to make their investment decisions."
Power E*TRADE Pro features greater customization capabilities, more news and information, and easier navigation. In addition to CNBC Plus, Power E*TRADE Pro now features:
* New look and feel - Improved console and individual window design including updated menu options, improved preference settings and menus, universal controls for moving windows and sending symbols, and "Find Symbol" feature in most windows, plus the ability to adjust color schemes based on individual preference
* New console header - Updated tools panel featuring ribbon style navigation, "Quick Quote" panel, and new streaming ticker to view personal watch lists, Top 10 stocks, news or positions
* Improved windows management - New "tear-offs" capability allowing active traders with multiple monitors to drag windows off primary canvas; windows "snapping" for easy customization; improved minimized windows management; and Virtual Screens allowing users to create up to four layouts from a single login
* RSS feed capability - Ability to import external news and content of choice seamlessly via Real Simple Syndication (RSS) feed
* Redesigned stocks and options order tickets - Quick order entry and compliant with the Options Symbology Initiative