OptionsXpress Holdings (Nasdaq:OXPS) today announced the availability of oX Mobile, its exclusive smartphone trading application, on both the Android and the recently launched Palm platforms.
The announcement makes optionsXpress the only major online broker to offer trading tools on all major mobile platforms - Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm and Windows Mobile web-enabled mobile devices.
The rollout of oX Mobile to new platforms gives retail investors an easy and convenient way to monitor and trade any equity, option or future, at any time, from any place and on any device. In addition to being the only major online broker to offer mobile applications covering all platforms, oX Mobile (available at www.optionsXpress.com/mobile) is also the only tool on the market that lets retail investors place stock, options and futures orders from one account.
"More and more people are broadening the use of their smartphones and retail investors are looking for ways to make trading from their phones as feature-rich as their desktop experience," says David Fisher, chief executive officer at optionsXpress Holdings, Inc. "Other brokerages currently offer complicated mobile websites or limited application platforms, we saw an opportunity to provide our customers with the latest technologies and innovations, giving them a direct way to stay abreast of the markets and to effortlessly make trades from anywhere."
oX Mobile provides retail investors with an easy-to-use navigation system and access to a full range of timely data and vital account information, including:
* Powerful trading tools like the market-scanning Dragon
* Comprehensive options chains
* Updated account balances, pending orders and current positions
* Streaming quotes from personally assembled watch lists
* Real-time updates on the market's biggest gainers and losers
* The latest market news and developments
* Dynamic real-time charts and technical analysis
* Snapshot views of all of the major global indices