RBS WorldPay today announced that it has been awarded a multi-year contract by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide electronic payment solutions for individual and business taxes.
RBS WorldPay, in partnership with Value Payment Systems, LLC, will begin processing tax payments through payUSAtax.com and 888-9-PAY-TAX (888-972-9829) starting on January 1, 2010. Through the RBS WorldPay tax payment services, taxpayers will be able to make payments to the IRS securely with various credit cards, debit cards and emerging payment methods for less than any other federal tax electronic payment service provider.
Through the RBS WorldPay service, individual taxpayers may make secure tax payments for the following federal tax types beginning in January 2010:
- Form 1040 Series (including Prior Year payments)
- Estimated Taxes (Form 1040ES)
- Installment Agreement Payments
- Form 4868 (Tax Extension)
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Form 1040X (Amended Tax Returns)
- Form 5329 - Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans and Other Tax-Favored Accounts (Return for Individual Retirement Arrangement Taxes)
Businesses can make secure credit card payments for their taxes, including:
- Form 940 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return
- Form 941 Series - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 943 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees
- Form 944 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return
- Form 945 Series - Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax
- Form 1065 - U.S. Return of Partnership Income
- Form 1041 - U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
"Consumers and businesses alike are now able to pay their taxes and fees online via their credit or debit card," said Ian Stuttard, president and CEO of RBS WorldPay. "It's safe, secure and convenient. RBS WorldPay has been providing comprehensive, electronic payment processing for merchants for over twenty years. We currently process billions of dollars in payments annually, and government payment processing is a high-growth business where we anticipate making an impact. By partnering with Value Payment Systems, we were able to combine their management team's extensive experience in handling government payments, in particular with the IRS, with our secure processing platform. This is truly a winning combination."
Taxpayers using credit cards and debit cards through the RBS WorldPay service may be eligible to receive points or benefits in reward programs connected with the use of their card. Taxpayers should check with their card issuer for details regarding reward program eligibility. The IRS has determined that convenience fees incurred by qualifying individuals and business taxpayers may be deductible. To help taxpayers save time and avoid potential late fees, users of the internet payment site, payUSAtax.com, will be able to schedule automated payments and set future payment e-mail reminders.