NFinanSe (OTC.BB:NFSE) today announced that the Company will begin offering as part of the nFinanSe suite of managed card products a Visa branded general purpose reloadable prepaid cards in the Fall of 2009.
The Visa Prepaid cards will be distributed to retail chains through the Company's distributor relationships and through the Company's direct relationships with retailers. The cards will be issued by Palm Desert National Bank(TM) ("PDNB").
Jerry R. Welch, nFinanSe's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are very excited to be offering Visa cards to our retail partners. Visa's reputation is unparalleled worldwide for delivering retail advantages to the Visa cardholder. By combining Visa's outstanding worldwide recognition and acceptance with our market-leading pricing and customer service model, we believe that we will create an exceptional experience for consumers."
The Company stated that it intends to utilize its existing consumer pricing model and feature rich offering on its new Visa Prepaid cards:
- $3 purchase price
- Low $2.95 monthly fee
- Low $2.95 reload fee
- No hidden transaction fees and no fees on purchases
- Zero Liability protection against unauthorized purchases(i)
- Free direct deposit of payroll
- Permanent card included in the retail package
- "Free... of course!" Live Customer Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and Spanish
- Reloadable at 80,000 nFinanSe Network(TM) nationwide locations
- Purchase and available balance information sent to cardholder's cell phone and/or email address after each transaction
- Mobile couponing through Rocketbux
Mr. Welch concluded, "By offering Visa Prepaid Reloadable cards with a $3 purchase price at major retail stores, we believe that we will drive significant trial and usage and accelerate the general market acceptance of prepaid cards. We are proud to be partnering with Visa at this early stage of development of the prepaid industry."