Online investment firm Scottrade has expanded the nationwide data and national network services it uses from Qwest Communications International (NYSE: Q) with a new five-year agreement.
St. Louis-based Scottrade has worked with Qwest since 2002, and recently selected Qwest's dedicated GeoMax and QWave data networking solutions to provide ultra secure, high-bandwidth data circuits connecting its new Phoenix-area data center to Scottrade headquarters in St. Louis. The company has more than 400 branch offices nationwide that use Qwest iQ Networking services based on MPLS technology for wide-area networking.
· Scottrade will use Qwest's high-bandwidth data connections to support its online trading platforms, deliver market research data and maintain the performance of the company's operations.
· As a result of both companies working together to create Scottrade's unique next-generation network, a joint advertising campaign was created to illustrate the dynamic implementation. The campaign launches this month in key markets on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. McKinney, Qwest Business agency of record, produced the ad.
· A high-capacity, multi-protocol, data networking solution, Qwest GeoMax delivers super-high-speed fiber-optic transport services. By combining fault-tolerant, high-speed data connectivity and reliability, Scottrade has established and can maintain unparalleled and predictable delivery of its online trading services.
· In addition to GeoMax, Qwest provides Scottrade its network connectivity using QWave, a fully managed, private, point-to-point service delivered over Qwest's long-haul, national network.
· This five-year contract adds the most advanced data solutions available to Scottrade's existing portfolio of Qwest solutions. Through previous agreements, Scottrade also designed one of the most secure and innovative next-generation networks using Qwest's state-of-the-art MPLS technology, Qwest iQ Networking and CPE solutions.
Ian Patterson, chief information officer, Scottrade: "Qwest continues to understand the dynamics of our business and collaborates with us on how to best leverage its network. Because of our partnership with Qwest, we can continue to provide our customers with the best online trading experience."
Teresa Taylor, executive vice president, Qwest Business Markets Group: "Qwest continues to build the Scottrade relationship, using a variety of solutions to keep them at the forefront of the online brokerage industry. Scottrade is a good example of how Qwest merges innovative design with purpose-built networks to improve a company's performance while helping lower costs."