Calypso Technology, a global application software provider of an integrated trading and risk management application suite to the capital markets industry, today announced the release of Calypso Version 11 (V11) of the firm's trading and risk management platform.
The new version provides refined repackaging, consolidation and rationalization of Calypso's existing and new functionality. Highlights include major enhancements to front office support, real-time risk management and expanded product coverage.
Calypso provides a leading cross-asset, front-to-back office system used by global banks, investment managers, hedge funds, insurance firms and corporates for managing derivatives and treasury products. Calypso V11 was developed to address industry challenges for real-time decision support and coordinated risk functions as well as the need to cope with increasing volume of flow business and associated increases in trade events.
"As the financial services industry undergoes a paradigm shift, we are releasing this much anticipated version of our platform in order to help our clients remain ahead of the curve," says Charles Marston, CEO of Calypso Technology, Inc. "Financial institutions today are focused on improving risk management and increasing efficiency, performance and scalability to meet cost reduction objectives. We developed V11 with these requirements in mind and are working closely with our clients across the globe to ensure they meet these goals."
V11 addresses industry challenges with extensive front-office enhancements to deliver real-time integrated risk and P&L, plus straight through processing functionality to manage the challenges of increased trade volumes. V11 has expanded product coverage across asset classes and enhanced overall system reliability and performance. By leveraging V11, clients will benefit from faster, more integrated end-to-end processing, quicker access to information for real-time decision support, and the ability to transform trade ideas into trades captured and executed.
Specific enhancements include:
- Powerful new cross-asset P&L functionality - to meet the varied needs of traders and controllers, the latest enhancement is a formurmula-baased approach that enables intraday P&L monitoring based on user specifications and complete measures for official reporting. Users can select from out-of-the-box P&L measures across asset classes, or from customized sets of marks to analyze different organizational objectives. Additionally V11 offers P&L lockdown and adjustments with full audit.
- Front office enhancements: Calypso Workstation has been enhanced to provide positions, risk, P&L, market data and trading all in one screen. Customers can also now use out-of-the-box market standard risk analysis, view configurations, conduct 'what-if' trade and market data simulations, and control the majority of the analysis through Calypso Workstation.
- Risk Designer - Real-time risk analyses have been integrated into Calypso Workstation, enabling users to create simulations as well as conduct sensitivity and cash flow analysis using a simplified and intuitive approach.
- Enhanced asset class coverage: Calypso provides a revamped front-end option pricing and trading screen for equity derivatives. This benefits from an updated option pricing framework that leverages the eXSP payoff language designed to let users define a wide range of options using standard models or their own payoff strategies. The Calypso FX Option solution uses the enhanced Pricing Sheet where traders can create custom packages and structures.
- Improved performance and scalability: Calypso has benchmarked its solution to ensure optimal reliability and performance to meet and exceed customer requirements and market demands. Calypso has also been enhanced to handle high trade volumes, providing coverage for all market standard product types.
- - Back office enhancements: Calypso has enabled functionality for automated electronic novation support. It has also enhanced the collateral management product, including default access to collateral blotter and additional data on reports. Calypso Hedge Accounting has also been expanded to offer more flexible hedge definitions with clear indication of Hedge Strategy and Relationships in addition to more comprehensive fair value measurement.
Gerard Rafie, Senior Vice President of Product Management, Calypso Technology, Inc., says, "V11 captures the spirit of Calypso's product strategy and evolution. We have always focused on expanding the platform's product breadth and functionality while still delivering top performance, a fluid user experience, and flexible, easy implementation. We continue to expand the platform and remain dedicated to offering our clients the richest, most robust solution available in the industry today."