E*Trade Financial (NASDAQ: ETFC) announced today that E*Trade Securities LLC introduced Online Advisor, a straightforward tool designed to provide investors with actionable investment guidance, including recommended asset allocations and solutions ranging from fully self-directed investing to 100 percent discretionary portfolio management from a registered investment adviser affiliate.
Online Advisor is available at no additional cost to all investors.
Online Advisor analyzes information it collects on an investor's risk tolerance, time horizon and general investing preferences, and recommends an asset allocation, followed by an online or offline investment solution suited to the investor. If the investor has an E*TRADE brokerage account, Online Advisor presents an analysis of that account alongside the recommended allocation, with the option to implement the solution immediately, view other solutions appropriate to their circumstances, or save the recommended solution for a future visit. Customers seeking more assistance can work with one of E*TRADE's advisors. All investors can easily update their plans as circumstances change.
"Ahead of the summer season, many investors are reassessing their financial portfolios," said Michael Curcio, President, E*TRADE Securities. "E*TRADE's Online Advisor helps investors quickly reevaluate their risk tolerance and goals - and immediately implement any changes through our website or one of our professional advisors. Online Advisor is designed to help E*TRADE customers become smarter, more effective investors."
Online Advisor guides customers and other investors to one of six investing solutions available at a value price with a low barrier to entry:
- Select ETF Portfolio from E*TRADE Securities (one-time commission-based, $10,000 minimum investment)
- Managed ETF Portfolio from E*TRADE Capital Management (annual advisory fee ranging from .50% to .75%, $10,000 minimum investment)
- Select Mutual Fund Portfolio from E*TRADE Securities (one-time no-load, no transaction fee funds, $50,000 minimum investment)
- Financial Advisor from E*TRADE Securities, providing recommendations on a mix of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, options, CDs and more (commissioned and/or loads, $50,000 minimum investment)
- Wealth Manager for full portfolio management (annual advisory fee of .75% to 1.25%, $250,000 minimum investment) provided by E*TRADE Capital Management, LLC, Kobren Insight Management, Inc. and Howard Capital Management, Inc.
- Build-your-own portfolio online through E*TRADE Securities (commission-based, no minimum investment)
Curcio added, "E*TRADE is continually working to better address the evolving needs of individual investors. Our new tools take a needs-based approach to financial services - helping investors achieve their financial goals in a way that is best suited for them."