Vasco Data Security International (Nasdaq: VDSI), a leading software security company specializing in authentication products, today announces the launch of Digipass CertiID, a PKI-based solution for strong authentication, digital signature and data protection.
With the launch of this solution, VASCO strengthens its position as full option, all terrain authentication company offering solutions which go beyond one-time password (OTP) security solutions. The launch of Digipass CertiID is the first step in VASCO strategy towards a full PKI-based product line, including smart card based and USB-based solutions.
Digipass CertiID is a client-based software suite offering digital signature capabilities. Banks, enterprises and governments can use this PKI-based technology to sign transactions or confidential documents. The solution has been developed for large corporations including governments and banks, addressing specific authentication needs they might have, such as digital signing of highly sensitive information or documents, such as contracts. The confidentiality of these documents is guaranteed thanks to Digipass CertiID's signing and encryption functionality. Digipass CertiID also provides non-repudiation of transactions, as a result the integrity and origin of the data are proved and the transaction partner is authenticated.
Digipass CertiID is the ideal solution for strong authentication and digital signature when using PKI certificates and keys. The solution uses a smart card or a USB token. The certificates and keys are generated on the device when the user requests a certificate for the first time. The certificates and keys are managed on the smartcard or USB token and the private key can never be exported. Whenever a document or e-mail requires signing, a PIN code will be asked in order to access the certificates on the smartcard or USB token. Digipass CertiID supports multiple Certificate Authorities (Verisign, Microsoft, Entrust, Cybertrust, ...) and several logins (Web, Window, Citrix, ...) can be managed on a single device.
Digipass CertiID product benefits:
• Strong authentication, secure access and secured transactions: with the smartcard or USB token, Digipass CertiID of ofipassfipass CertiID offers the ideal solution for protecting desktop access and securing data. The certificate and keys are managed on a single device, offering two factor authentication for signing/encrypting e-mail, transactions or corporate documents. For signing documents, a PIN code enables the operation.
• One product for multiple supports: Digipass CertIID support multiple Certificate Authorities, multiple card manufacturers and several card operating systems (proprietary OS, Java)
• Reduce helpdesk costs: DP CertiID has been designed to make the complexity of PKI accessible to the average computer user. The GUI is intuitive, requiring no prior knowledge of PKI technology for the user. The Digipass CertiID management console facilitates the management of smartcards, USB tokens, the initialisation of PIN/PUK codes for the security administrator.
• Easy migration from static passwords: Digipass CertiID provides smooth migration from static passwords toward digital certificates thanks to the highly intuitive installation wizard.
• Total cost of ownership: Digipass CertiID incorporates auto update functionality which can be activated upon installation. Built-in troubleshooting and diagnostic tools facilitate maintenance operations and the management of the solution by the security administrator.
Digipass CertiID also helps financial institutions to comply with the more stringent regulations for information security, such as described in Sarbanes-Oxley, Act Basel II, HIPAA and others. When used with Digipass Key 1, the USB token version of this solution, e-signature capability also complies with European legal recommendations and therefore is ideal for e-government applications.
Digipass CertiID comes in three different packaged solutions:
• Smartcard based: including a CD ROM with licence and documentation, and optional Digipass 905 card reader, two OS supported smartcards
• USB token based: including a CD ROM with licence and documentation, and the Digipass Key 1 USB token
• Hybrid USB+OTP token based including a CD ROM with licence and documentation, and the Digipass 860
VASCO also supplies a Software Development Kit for the integration of Digipass CertiID capability into third party applications or existing PKI environments.
"Identity theft and unauthorized access to corporate data are on the rise. Both can have a serious impact on customer trust in a company or on the company's reputation. Therefore companies need to rely on more secure access technologies. With Digipass CertiID, VASCO responds to increase in security breaches. Digipass CertiID offers PKI-based strong authentication, secure access and a means of securing transactions in one solution, thus addressing new and other needs for authentication.", says Jan Valcke, President & COO at VASCO Data Security.
Separately, VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (Nasdaq: VDSI), a leading software security company specializing in authentication products, today announces Digipass Key1, its first USB-based PKI solution for strong authentication, digital signature and data protection. Digipass Key1, is the first solution which is launched in the VASCO PKI-based product line and can only be used together with Digipass CertiID. Digipass CertiID, also launched today, is a client-based software suite offering digital signature capabilities. With the launch of both Digipass Key1 and Digipass CertiID, VASCO clearly demonstrates its commitment to authentication, by using multiple authentication technologies, including PKI.
Digipass Key1 is an ultra-portable solution for strong authentication, secure access and secure transactions, offering the same capabilities as a smart card. The solution offers VASCO the opportunity to respond to growing and changing needs in authentication. It has been developed for large corporations, governments and banks providing two factor strong authentication for secure web login, windows PKI login to the desktop, e-mail signature, e-mail encryption and secure VPN access. The solution is ideal for identity management, banking and e-government transactions, considering it complies with European legal recommendations.
The chip embedded in the Digipass Key1 is a highly secure data container. The user's private key will be generated on the chip, when the user requests a certificate for the first time. The private keys which are stored on the chip can never be exported from the device. Whenever the user wants to sign a transaction, a PIN-code will be requested to access the certificates stored on the Digipass Key1.
Digipass Key1 product benefits:
• Enhanced security: Digipass Key1 offers a solution for strong authentication, secure access and secure transactions. It is ideally suited to protect desktop access and secure data through digital signature. All signing operations will require a PIN-code.
• Reduce costs: Digipass Key1 offers full smart card capability with the benefit of not having to invest in smart card readers. Furthermore it has been designed for mass deployment. It fits standard postal rates to facilitate postal shipment for large deployments.
• Convenience: Digipass Key1 has been designed to simplify the complexity of PKI-environments. Digipass Key1 is user-friendly, it was developed to require no understanding or prior knowledge on PKI for the end-user. It is a small, light weight device (43.9 mm x 16.1 mm x 4.3 mm) making it ultra-portable, thus enhancing end-user mobility. It can also be used by users using different workstations.
"The launch of Digipass Key1 and Digipipass CertiID is for VASCO the first step in offering PKI-based authentication solutions. With this launch VASCO demonstrates it commitment to its mission to offer all terrain full option authentication solutions. Our PKI-based offering provides us with the ability to respond to new demands for authentication.", says Jan Valcke, President and COO of VASCO Data Security.