Washington Mutual, Inc. (NYSE:WM), one of the nation's leading banks for consumers and small businesses, announced today that it has launched a new version of wamu.com with new navigation and functionality, making the customer's online banking experience simpler, faster and more personalized.
The site also possesses a new look more consistent with its customer-centric brand.
The site boasts a faster log-in process that is personalized to the customer and a single place to manage WaMu checking, savings, CD, home loan, HELOC, and business relationships. More intuitive navigation puts customers' actual accounts into a redesigned navigation dropdown menu. And, offers and other content are personalized to customers' needs, making them more relevant.
"We asked customers what their pain points are when using our site, and set our goals to eliminate those problems," said Richard Blunck, senior vice president and director of eCommerce for WaMu. "Our goal is to make banking simple for customers, whether they are in our retail store or on our website."
Other new or redesigned features include:
- an industry-first "text sizer" that lets visitors choose how big, or small, to display the words and buttons on their screen;
- simplified bill pay set-up, making it easier for customers to get started paying bills;
- visibility into certain pending transactions through a transaction history;
- easier access to each account type's features and services, i.e. "order checks" shows up under checking;
- simplified set-up of low balance and other alerts;
- easier communication between customers and WaMu, and alerts that are consolidated in a single inbox.